Green tea banana rolls are a delightful variation of the classic banana roll, offering a unique and exciting flavor profile. These rolls combine the sweetness of ripe bananas with the earthy and slightly bitter notes of green tea, creating a harmonious and delicious treat that’s perfect for tea time or dessert. Here’s a step-by-step recipe for making green tea banana rolls.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar (optional, for dusting)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, matcha green tea powder, sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the milk. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until you have a smooth batter. Let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Peel the ripe bananas and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Dip each banana half into the green tea batter, making sure it’s well coated.
- Carefully place the coated bananas in the hot oil and fry until they turn golden brown on both sides. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the banana rolls from the oil and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- If desired, sprinkle the rolls with powdered sugar before serving.
Green tea banana rolls make for a unique and delightful treat. The combination of the creamy banana and the earthy green tea creates a memorable and enjoyable flavor experience. Whether you enjoy them as a snack or dessert, these rolls are sure to be a hit. Give this recipe a try and savor the fusion of flavors in every bite.